This picture was taken at Mr. Wayne Thomas' Shell Service Station in downtown Jackson in the early 1950's. The car was owned by Ed Sanford. He worked for Sears which was right across the street. The car was usually driven by Ed but George Clark also drove it. George was a good old guy, a Jackson fireman and one of the true pioneers. He raced at the original Jackson Speedway before it was named Speedbowl Park. He ran a yellow 6 cylinder 38 Plymouth #3.
The young boy on the car is Wayne's son Wayne Jr.
Picture donated by Wayne Thomas (the young boy)