In 1949 these tickets were sold to raise money for building a new race track in Jackson. At the time these tickets were printed, Mr Patrick was looking at property on Hwy 80 to build the track.
A site was finely sellected off of Livingston Road in Jackson where Lake Hico is today . In April 1950, Mr. William M. "Pat" Patrick and Mr. Sheffield Clark started the Jackson Racing Association and leased the land from Mr. Elmer Graham. Mr Patrick and Sheffield built the Jackson Motor Speedway using a 4-wheel drive Surplus Dodge Army truck and a broken down pull along grader. They ran the 3/8 mile track for 2 years and then sub-leased the track to Mr. CE Smith.